Saturday, May 14, 2011

PE2_GarageBand '09

I came to realize that I did not like nor did I want to go through with the rest of the Drupal training. I wanted to learn something that I more than likely will be using with my students next year, so I decided to go through several lessons on the use of Garage Band '09. This particular application can serve a personal and professional use. The Lynda videos for GarageBand are much easier to follow as they aren't as technical as the Drupal instructional videos and I think because I'm musically inclined, it just makes sense to me. I went through the first several videos on which gave background information on the application and new features that it has different from the previous version. It's all new to me as I was familiar with it since I have an iMac in my classroom, but I have never personally used any version of it because I had misconceptions on what it was for. I thought it was for actively playing musicians who wanted to mix their own tracks and record original compositions. Boy, was I wrong! Not until a coworker was saying that you can do podcasts and ringtones with it were my eyes opened. There is also a means by which to take piano or guitar lessons for FREE! WOW! I took 10 years of piano and would love do some refreshing. Take a look at all the possibilities! 
I wasn't too confident with brushing up on my piano skills, but with this easy interface, I can use a standard keyboard to enhance the skills I have been taught in my piano. I have touched the instrument since I was 16 years old, but this color, interesting and interactive lesson is just what I need to get back in gear. This feature along with the guitar lesson interface is virtually the same except a couple settings are different because what the notations are slightly different between the two instruments.
Since I'm going to have my kids do podcasts next year, I'm going to attempt to do one myself. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment