Saturday, May 14, 2011

PE3_GarageBand '09



I went to the lesson on Podcast expecting that it would go into grand detail on this feature, but alas, it did not. Most of the videos are geared toward audio mixing and putting together musical compositions and taking instrument lessons. The more minor features (ringtones and podcasts) are simply mentioned in one lesson each and doesn't go into detail. The Lynda tutorial instructs you to see the GarageBand help section for further information. The interface is a lot like iMovie in that you can click and drag media (pictures, music, etc.) into the timeline of the podcast. I got a little tripped up after I dragged my picture into the timeline and hit record to begin my podcast because nothing happened. I got an error message that I couldn't record in that track. Then it dawned on me that I had to select the female voice in order to start recording, and VIOLA! I recorded a little bit of it and then drug some more pictures in so I could play around with the timeline some more. The controls of hitting the space bar to play and pause or hitting the play button to play and pause as well as the home key features are the same as in iMovie so again something familiar to work with. Once I got it all assembled, I exported the file to iTunes. The video I created in Screenflow speaks about the issue I had and will do more research to find out what I may have done wrong or step I may have skipped. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment